A one-day-trip on the River Ahja, about 8 – 9 hours in the nature.
The Route : Koorvere – Valgemetsa _ Kiidjärve – Taevaskoja – Otteni
The trip starts in Tammekännu Leisure Centre.
- On the way we pass sandstone exposures, Valgemetsa, Kiidjärve ,where there is a watermill built of red bricks which is the biggest in the Baltic States.
- Lunch is served in Kiidjärve
- Then Lake Taevaskoja ( the shooting location of a popular film “ The last Relic” ), the hydro-electric power station in Saessaare.
- 28 metres high sandstone exposure in Taevaskoja, the stone bridge of Otten’s mill which was built by a wealthy mill owner and which reminds the stone bridge in Tartu.
- In Otten dinner is served and after dinner you can enjoy the pleasures of sauna and have a swim.
The end of the trip is in Tammekännu Leisure Centre.
The trip is suitable for beginners as well as for more experienced canoeists.
The Price of the trip :
- ab 500 EEK per a person
- Children ( 6 – 12 years old ) get 50% discount.
The Price includes :
- rent for a canoe
- initial training
- professional assistance
- transport of canoes
- transport of canoeists’ drivers